Сaving trip in the Western Ukraine
- Code: TK-6
- Availability: Available
159 € / person
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Train tickets from Kyiv to Kamenets-Podolskii and back to Kyiv
- Transfer by minibus Kamenets-Podolskii to the base of speleologists in Korolivka village and the return way
- 2 excursions to the cave (4-5 and 7-8 hours) with speleologist guide
- Sight-seeing tour of Kamenets-Podolskii
- Visit to the underground mineralogical and underground sculptures museums
- Accommodation at the speleological tourist base (for 1 night)
- Full board for 2 days on the premises of speleologists’ base
- Dinner in Kamenets-Podolskii on the last day of the tour
- Equipment rental (overalls, boots, helmet, flashlight, batteries)
- Sleeping bag rental (for 1 night). We spend the night in a house, but there is no bed linen, so we sleep in sleeping bags
- First aid kit
- English speaking guide-interpreter services
|9:00||Meeting at the Kamenets-Podolskii railway station|
|9:00-10:30||Relocation to the speleologists base|
|10:30-11:00||Check-in to the speleo- hostel|
|12:00-12:30||Fit check. We put on our equipment: overalls, boots, helmet + flashlight, gloves|
|12:30-13:00||Lecture on safety rules and rules of conduct in the cave|
|13:00-18:00||The first cave excursion (4-5 hours)|
|19:00-22:00||Spare time: board games, home brewery fresh beer|
|9:00-17:00||The second cave excursion (7-8 hours)|
|18:00||Departure from the speleologists base|
|19:30||Arrival to Kamenets-Podolskii|
|19:30-23:00||Sight-seeing tour through the evening ancient town of Kamenets-Podolskii|
|23:30||Departure to Kyiv|
Hardly anybody knows that Ukraine is famous not only for mountains, seas and rivers, but also for caves! Meet the biggest gypsum cave in the world – Optymistychna (meaning “optimistic” in Ukrainian) Cave! Until recently the entrance to the cave was closed for the attendance, however now you have a great opportunity to visit it by yourself in the company of experienced speleologist guide. The total exploded passageways length equals 238 km, but new territories are discovered every year. Because of a long process, which began more than 20 million years ago, nature has carved a magnificent labyrinth of extended galleries, wide halls, bizarre blocks and incredible underground passages web in the bowels of the earth. We offer you to discover the previously unknown worlds, to dip into the mysterious underworld atmosphere and feel the majesty and beauty of amazing cave. We will go for 2 excursions into the cave depths, get acquainted with the underground speleologists’ camp, visit mineralogical and underground sculpture museums.
The program includes the 7-hour excursion to the farthest halls, which is the further most place in the cave accessible for non- speleologist. Moreover, the most experienced speleologist will be our guide, who is directly involved in the Optymistychna Cave exploration!
On the second day, we will visit the ancient city of Kamenets-Podolskii, where we will have dinner at a traditional local restaurant and a walk through the historical center of the city.
Our journey offers you:
- The longest gypsum cave in the world. The total mapped length is approximately 238 km (is still not fully explored)
- Two excursions to the cave with an experienced speleologist guide
- Suitable for non-speleologists 7-8 hour excursion to the cave remote areas
- Visit to the underground speleologist camp
- Visit to the mineralogical and underground sculptures museums
- Atmosphere of strangeness and adventures
- Halls, galleries, grottoes and labyrinths of underground passages
- Amazing photos with unrealistic lighting
- Enormous stalactites and stalagmites growths
- Opportunity to taste local home brewery craft beer
- Evening promenade through Kamenets-Podolskii
- and last but not the least, wonderful mood and great company!
Who can participate?
Anyone can go with us with an average physical training. Although it will be dry in the cave, we still definitely besmear ourselves in clay. During the departure, we will spend the night in a speleologists' house, a speleo-hostel, which is a large clean and warm common room with two-story plank beds. We will sleep in sleeping bags that we provide you with. What is more, we eat outside at a large table under the cover.
We will definitely have a spare time, which means everyone is able to spend it for his own leisure. You can do both: read a book, take a walk through the fields and forests and typical Ukrainian village, play games or just simply relax. Despite the remoteness from civilization, the area is equipped with Wi-Fi, so you can be in touch with your friends or family and immediately post your photos from the cave.